True Facts of Clogged Gutters
Clogged Gutters Can Cause Water Damage and More..
Here at SERVPRO of Tracy, fire and water damage calls are an everyday occurrence. Since we are offically in fall season and leaves are falling everywhere, even in our gutters.
Here are Top 5 home problems that can be caused by clogged gutters:
- Roof Damage....
- Wood Fascia Damage. ...
- Damage to Walls, Windows, Doors and Patios. ...
- Damage to Foundations and Landscaping. ...
- Slip and Fall.
For example, clogged gutters can cause damages to your home. Which is a good reason why cleaning your gutters bi-annually could help prevent an uncomfortable situation for you and your family. A lack of maintenance can cause major problems for homeowners and can lead to costly repairs when left untreated.
A lot of times homeowners tend to over look the importance of gutter maintenance. Clogged gutters can cause home damages due to water causing cracks in the foundation overtime. Which then could lead to more severe problem like mold and or the collapse of the structure.
In most cases, when clogged gutters occur it can spill over the side and cause rot in the siding of the home. In colder climates, ice can form and cause a temporary block which most likely will cause an over flow.
SERVPRO of Tracy has the right equipment to check for moisture in your home, if this scenario applies to you. These are some recommendations from your trusted friends at SERVPRO of Tracy.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns or questions.
Facts About Fire!
Death from fire are the sixth most common cause of injury/death in the U.S.
We, at SERVPRO of Tracy knows everything about fire damage and much more.
Here are JUST THE FACTS ABOUT FIRE..
- There are more mobile home fires than regular houses and injuries related to that.
- The majority of fire related deaths are caused by smoke inhalation not by the fire itself.
- Actual flames and burns are only 30 percent of fire-related deaths. Unfortunately people survive home fires with all types of burns mild and severe.
- First degree burns are considered mild compared to others.
- Second degree burns are burns that affect the lower layer of skin.
- Third degree burns, also known as a full thickness burns, affect the lowest layers and deep tissue areas.
- We at SERVPRO of Tracy feel responsible to our community and pledge to make sure that we can prevent and or prepare for such tragedies. Please call 209-834-0200
Place of work Flooded
SERVPRO can help get your doors open sooner after water damage strikes your business.
SERVPRO can help when your commercial space experiences water damage...
Water damage is one of the biggest threats to your carpet. When this local Tracy work place was flooded due to heavy rain over night. SERVPRO of Tracy came to the rescue. Quick action from an experienced restoration company SERVPRO of Tracy reverses the effects of water damage, often while allowing business as usual to continue.
Huge outpourings of water need powerful pumps and extractors, and SERVPRO of Tracy arrives with professional grade, truck-mounted equipment, so even a power outage fails to stop the restoration process. Once the standing water exits the building, high-efficiency air movers and dehumidifiers continue the work of drying out your business to businesses. Your interior benefits from its warehouse characteristics, and we are able to save most inventory because it is stacked up off the floor. The lack of carpeting and drywall further speeds our efforts, and you operate as usual in the areas unaffected by the water or where our team completed the removal of water and restored appropriate moisture levels.
SERVPRO of Tracy is ready to help with even a large commercial loss due to water damage. Call (209) 834-0200 to set up an inspection, and consider working with us on an Emergency Ready Plan before disaster strikes.
Water Damage in School..
This Elementary School had a water leak, result of a broken pipe. Notice the water damage caused wet carpet and surrounding area.
The specialist at SERVPRO OF Tracy were called to the scene for emergency service. Our technicians extracted the standing water, followed up by moisture mapping and the drying process began.
It took us three days to dry the entire class room after the incident.
The principal was expecting a much longer process and she was thrilled with the results. All the young students were moved back to their original classrooms and everyone was happy. Next time if something like this happens again, Principle said we'll for sure call SERVPRO OF Tracy.
Principal thanked SERVPRO of Tracy and said you made it "Like it never even happened."
What is an Ozone Generator?
This Ozone Generator is the most modern, technically advanced Ozone Generator system on the market today.
- Here at SERVPRO of Tracy, we handle Ozone Generators which are one of the most common ways to quickly remove airborne contaminates and odors from homes, offices, and even cars.
- The same molecular process that makes ozone generators so effective is also what makes them dangerous.
- When inhaled, ozone can damage the lungs. It can take up to 60 minutes after the generator cycle ends for the ozone to be neutralized, making it safe to breathe.
What is an Ozone?
- Ozone is a molecule composed of three atoms of oxygen.
- Two atoms of oxygen form the basic oxygen molecule.
- Ozone generators create O3, (ozone) which disburses into the space to be treated. Nature creates O3 as a natural cleaner during thunderstorms, and from sunlight striking the earth’s atmosphere.
- Have you ever taken a walk after a thunderstorm and experienced the clean, fresh smell in the air? That's O3, or ozone cleaning the air.
- After removing the source of the odor, use the ozone machine to oxidize remaining organic odors. Ozone can be especially helpful in fire or smoke damage restoration.
We here at SERVPRO of Tracy use our ozone machines in these type of jobs, large and small. After drying the area fully and removing any organic matter, set the unit as a high as possible. Ozone is heavier than air and will fall. Set up an air mover to help circulate the ozone. Once completed, you must ventilate thoroughly for it to be safe. Call us on 209-834-0200 for more information.
Tips to Prevent Home Fires..
Home fires are preventable. SERVPRO of Tracy has the following simple steps that each of us can take to prevent a tregedy.
- Stay in the kitchen when you are frying, grilling, or broiling food. If you leave the kitchen for even a short period of time, turn off the stove.
- Wear short, close-fitting or tightly rolled sleeves when cooking.
- Keep children away from cooking areas by enforcing a "kid-free zone" of 3 feet around the stove.
- Position barbecue grills at least 10 feet away from siding and deck railings, and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Smoke outside and completely stub out butts in an ashtray or a can filled with sand.
- Soak cigarette butts and ashes in water before throwing them away. Never toss hot cigarette butts or ashes in the trash can.
- Never smoke in a home where oxygen is used, even if it is turned off. Oxygen can be explosive and makes fire burn hotter and faster.
- Be alert - don’t smoke in bed! If you are sleepy, have been drinking, or have taken medicine that makes you drowsy, put your cigarette out first.
- Frayed wires can cause fires. Replace all worn, old or damaged appliance cords immediately and do not run cords under rugs or furniture.
- If an appliance has a three-prong plug, use it only in a three-slot outlet. Never force it to fit into a two-slot outlet or extension cord.
- Immediately shut off, then professionally replace, light switches that are hot to the touch and lights that flicker.
PORTABLE SPACE HEATERS:
- Keep combustible objects at least three feet away from portable heating devices.
- Buy only heaters evaluated by a nationally recognized laboratory, such as Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- Check to make the portable heater has a thermostat control mechanism, and will switch off automatically if the heater falls over.
- Only use crystal clear K-1 kerosene in kerosene heaters. Never overfill it. Use the heater in a well-ventilated room.
FIREPLACES AND WOODSTOVES:
- Inspect and clean woodstove pipes and chimneys annually and check monthly for damage or obstructions.
- Use a fireplace screen heavy enough to stop rolling logs and big enough to cover the entire opening of the fireplace to catch flying sparks.
- Make sure the fire is completely out before leaving the house or going to bed.
- Take the mystery out of fire play by teaching children that fire is a tool, not a toy.
- Store matches and lighters out of children's reach and sight, preferably in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave children unattended near operating stoves or burning candles, even for a short time.
- Never use stove range or oven to heat your home.
- Keep combustible and flammable liquids away from heat sources.
- Portable generators should NEVER be used indoors and should only be refueled outdoors or in well ventilated areas.
SERVPRO of Tracy, FIRE DAMAGE RESTORATION SERVICES:
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires an unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We, at SERVPRO of Tracy have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care. Call SERVPRO of Tracy at 209-834-0200.
A Tropical Storm
- SERVPRO of Tracy knows when a tropical storm is a hazard that brings heavy rainfall, strong winds, and damages associated with flooding.
- Tropical storms usually form between 5 to 30 latitude and move westward to easterly winds. When a tropical storm enters the Gulf of Mexico, warnings are issued for the coastal areas.
- SERVPRO of Tracy are always prepared for such things. It's hard to predict the path of a tropical storm and therefore difficult to manage an adequate evacuation of an area.
- Tropical storms are given names in alphabetical order and alternate between male and female. This makes storms easier to identify.
- When preparing for a tropical storm take basic steps quickly to ensure your safety.
- SERVPRO of Tracy can and will handle all damages associated with tropical storms, residential as well as commercial. Call us on 209 834 0200
Found a Mold ?
No matter how big or small a mold damage, our SERVPRO of Tracy crew can clean and remediate your issues...
Call now - 209-834-0200
Trust SERVPRO of Tracy Professionals to Remove Mold Damage and Prevent Future Growth..
There are many misconceptions about mold, and it seems that most of the Tracy, and it's surrounding areas, homeowners believe that fungal growth is something that is unlikely or improbable for their house. In all actuality, it is a straightforward process for mold to grow in your home, as it only really requires two elements to start colonizing: moisture and organic material.
However, even with the ease of which mold damage can occur to your home. Many homeowners are still misled to believe fungal growth is not a serious concern. In actuality, mold growth in your house is linked with potential health effects for you and your family when you are exposed, so correcting the issue when you see it should be a priority. Moreover, this is a concern that should get dealt with by certified mold remediation specialists, as they can safely remove the colonies from your home and help you to prevent recurrences in the future.
From the moment that our SERVPRO of Tracy IICRC certified remediation professionals enter your home, an assessment begins to isolate the area where mold currently is growing as well as the source of the moisture that has been feeding the colonies to this point. Through isolating the affected area with negative air chambers and air scrubbers with HEPA filters, our technicians can successfully prevent the spread of spores to new areas of your home while we work to remove the colonies.
Drying the area removes the food source for mold spores, and this process gets accomplished with dehumidification equipment and large air movers.
Finding mold damage in your home is not something that you should take lightly. Trust SERVPRO of Tracy team of certified mold remediation specialists to help you through the intricate process of removing the presence of mold and fungus from your business or home.
Call SERVPRO of Tracy - 209-834-0200
We, at SERVPRO of Tracy knows how to handle storm or flood - should you ever have to go through this process.
There is always potential for flood damage no matter where you live. According to the American Red Cross floods cause more damage in the United States every year than any other weather related disaster. The American Red Cross offers these flood safety tips:
- Stay away from floodwaters. If you come up on a flowing stream where water is above your ankles, stop, turn around and go another way. Six inches of swiftly moving water can sweep you off of your feet.
- If you approach a flooded road while driving, turn around and go another way. If you are caught on a flooded road and water is riding rapidly around you, get out of the car quickly and move to higher ground. Most cars can be swept away by less than two feet of moving water.
- Keep children out of the water. They are curious and often lack judgment about running water or contaminated water.
If a flood occurs and affects you, call SERVPRO of Tracy Even minor floods have potential to cause major damage. We are faster to ANY size disaster. Let us help you get your life back in order.
Call the flood and storm experts today - 209-834-0200
SERVPRO of Tracy Tips
We, at SERVPRO of Tracy has tips for:
How to Get Water Cleanup and Mitigation Done
In order to get water cleanup done, you're going to need to hire a restoration company like SERVPRO of Tracy that can come in and handle the flood damage for you. They do all of the drying for you when it concerns water in your home. If you have water in your business, restoration can be done by the same type of company. You may want to hire the pros to handle a pipe break or supply line break if this has become an issue for you. A flooded home should be restored as soon as possible to prevent further issues from surfacing.
How to Hire a Restoration Company
The best way to hire a professional company to handle water in your home is by finding one that has a lot of experience. These companies should ideally have a lot of experience cleaning up water in a business or any type of water in a home. They can also find and fix a supply line break or pipe break that you might currently have. In many cases, the reason for water in a business is because of a pipe break. If you have a supply line break, you might want to contact a professional plumber to handle the issue for you.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Tracy will be ready for any call at any time of the day. Have any questions or have damage in your home, call us at 209-832-0200