Fire Damage Restoration Process
Fire in house is the owner’s worst nightmare. Just the thought of most of the house stuff going up in flames is enough to make most people’s skin crawl. But a faster response is the key to help prevent further damage and reduce the restoration cost. Damage from water is also common in the event of a fire, as the fire department will have to douse your home when putting out the fire. SERVPRO of Tracy specializes in both fire and water damage restoration. Our goal is to restore your home to pre-fire condition and make it “ Like it never even happened.”
The following strategy is followed by SERVPRO of Tracy in order to achieve its goal.
Initial Inspection: The very first step is the initial inspection by our team. They inspect not only the immediate affected area but also the adjacent rooms or areas to see how far the smoke and soot has travelled. All this information is used to create a plan, cost estimate and time frame for the cleanup process.
Removing Debris and Safeguarding Property: Once the initial assessment is finished, we begin clearing out the debris from the property. If the doors, windows or ceilings were compromised by the fire, our team will use tarps or boardups to secure them before they move on with any other cleanup efforts.
Restoration of Belongings and Furniture: Then the next step will be restoring the valuable items and belongings. Our team will make list of inventory of what is salvageable and what isn’t. The restorable items get a detailed cleaning. Some of the items are packed and moved out to warehouse for special cleaning.
Deodorizing : To neutralize the odor particles in the porous and non porous surfaces, the following methods are used for deodorizing.
- EPA registered cleaning agent.
- Air Scrubbers with HEPA filtration.
- ULV Ultra-Low Volume fogging equipment.
- Hydroxyl Generator
- Ozone equipment.
If your home or business has fire damage, you can count on SERVPRO of Tracy, we are always ready to help you.
Floors and Surrounding Area
SERVPRO of Tracy responds to emergency bio cleanup for shooting incident around Midnight, or SERVPRO of Tracy Biological Team respond immediately and asked the business owner if site is released by law informant? We want to make sure afterwards we cleanup ,no evidence left behind, looking "Like it never even happened." Customer told us to come and clean up as he did not want the Business interruption for too long ,our Professional team act immediately and arrange for cleanup ,as per Confidentially we are unable to go for all the details , But customer said wow when they returned to site they say seen it never even happened.our professional team of 3 with Full PPE not impressed to customer but surprised them self after they took final pictures
Fire soot Cleanup and inventory of Total Loss
Total loss inventory and estimate
Our SERVPRO OF TRACY professional team response to fire job cause by empty field grass fire almost entire house approximately 3200 sq feet contents affected with soot and odor. Insurance company asked us to do do Total loss inventory and estimate for salvageable contents cleanup estimate.SERVPRO OF TRACY inventory team professional perform the inspection and provided estimate with pictures , makes models , age or other necessary information needed by insurance adjuster. Our team members are trained to ask right questions to customer if they like to save the sentimental items ,old pictures to restore .our team members trained to find and secure jewelry and heirloom from outside looters and mischievous people break in during the process of fire damage cleanup.our trained team members understand to save customer time and money to provide them quick results to process the job faster.Customer and insurance adjuster both had clear pictures with our professional report and very less chances for any litigation between insured and insurance.
Water,Mold,Bio and general cleanup
Trusted vendor for commercial management company Handing over Keys
SERVPRO OF TRACY is trusted BY Local Commercial property management company for more than 15 years. An owner handing over the keys of their building is a sign of trust, and one that we are honored to have. Each time an owner does this, they understand that with it comes our team, SERVPRO OF TRACY. We are hardworking team members who strive for honesty and professional work. Our goal is to deliver on time, every time. We always want to over promise and over deliver. That's why professional medical building tenants directly call us.
We did cleanup for dentist suites, surgery centers, hospitality offices, and all other common areas for flood, mold, or bio needs. Our professional SERVPRO OF TRACY team members always ready to help any kind of mold, fire, water, bio cleanup job and light construction need when needed. Our Moto is over promised over delivered all the time. Please call our professional team at 209-834-0200 for service.
Common Causes of HOUSE FIRE....
SERVPRO of Tracy would like to let you and your family to know the common causes of fires.
Here are 5 Leading Causes of House Fires...
- 48% of all fires are caused by cooking.
- Remember to turn off source of heat.
- Have a fire extinguisher on hand.
- Do not put anything close to the heater.
- Follow guidelines on how the heater can run.
- Electrical Fires
- Make sure fireplaces and lighting are up to code and are safe.
- Ensure alarms are replaced.
- Never lay cigarettes, cigars, etc., down and forget about them.
- Smoke outside to avoid any potential fires related to dropping or forgetting about the item.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- All materials should remain 12 inches away from all candles.
These are just some tips in order to prevent fires. SERVPRO of Tracy keeps your safety a priority and we hope you and family values that as well. Other things to have in place is a route for you and your family if there ever was a fire. Also, everyone in your family should know the route and plan in place. IF there is a fire in your home, call SERVPRO of Tracy at 209-834-0200.
Be Safe and Enjoy This Holiday Season..
Be Safe and Enjoy This Holiday Season from SERVPRO of Tracy Team.
SERVPRO Of Tracy Holiday Safety Tips...
We at SERVPRO of Tracy, have Holiday Safety Tips. If your home or business, like millions of us in the United States, includes a Christmas tree and festive holiday decorations, like shown in this picture. You should be aware that the breathtaking beauty of this decorations also comes with a fire risk. That is why we SERVPRO of Tracy, are offering helpful tips to people as we come closer to one of the biggest holidays of the year!
The following are some tips for individuals to consider when putting up and maintaining their holiday decorations this December, like you see in this picture:
- Do not overload power outlets with holiday lights. Pay close attention to the
manufacturer's instructions on the number of lights you can string together.
- Consider using battery-operated flameless candles.
- Be careful not to splatter wax when extinguishing a candle.
- Use flashlights instead of candles for emergency lighting.
- Do not purchase a Christmas tree that is dry or dropping needles excessively.
Be sure to water your Christmas tree regularly.
- Do not use strings of lights that are worn, frayed, manually spliced, or broken.
- If you purchase an artificial tree, be sure it is labeled fire-retardant.
- Do not link more than three light strands unless the directions indicate it is safe.
Connect strings of lights to an extension cord before plugging the cord into the outlet. Be sure to periodically check the wires; they should not be warm to the touch.
If a fire, storm or water disaster does strike your home, SERVPRO of Tracy offers services to help people quickly recover and restore any damaged property. Within four hours of the initial notification, SERVPRO of Tracy team will be on-site to start the mitigation process.
Be safe and enjoy your Holidays, like this picture, from SERVPRO of Tracy - Call us at 209-834-0200....
SERVICES SERVPRO of Tracy Offers:-
SERVPRO of Tracy have the unique ability to help property owners in a variety of ways to detect water leakage. You may think that water damage only occurs in your home or workplace after a storm, but actually most water damage calls that we respond to come from appliances that we use on a daily basis.
SERVICES SERVPRO OF TRACY OFFERS:-
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Advance Water Extraction & Drying Equipment
- Residential or Commercial
- Carpet Cleaning
- Water Damage Clean Up/ Restoration
- Fire Damage Clean Up/ Restoration
- Storm Damage Clean Up/ Restoration
- Bio Hazard CSI Clean Up/ Restoration
- Mold Remediation Clean Up/ Restoration
- Highly Trained Technicians
- Tile/Grout Cleaning
- Content Cleaning
- Pack out/ Pack back
- Sewage Clean-up
- Board Up
- Drywall Removal
- HVAC Services
- Move Out
- Temporary Warehouse Space
We cover Tracy, Manteca, Ripon, Holt, Lathrop, Carbona, Banta, Gustine, Mountain House and any surrounding areas.
Call SERVPRO of Tracy Team at 209-834-0200 if you or your business need any of our services..
Why YOU Should Recycle...
What YOU Should Recycle...
SERVPRO of Tracy has some insight on recycling waste.
- Americans throw away 25,000,000 plastic beverage bottles every hour.
- The United States of America is the #1 trash-producing country in the world at 1,609 pounds per person per year. This means that 5% of the world's people generate 40% of the world's waste.
- Americans toss out enough aluminum every 3 months to rebuild our entire commercial air fleet.
- The average American uses seven trees a year in paper, wood, and other products made from trees. This amounts to about 2 billion trees per year.
- Every month, we throw out enough glass bottles and jars to fill up a giant skyscraper.
- Manufacturers produce more than 15 million tons of expanded polystyrene (aka, StyrofoamTM) each year, but we recycle less than 1% of it.
- According to the EPA, yard trimmings and food residuals together constitute 24% of the U.S. municipal solid waste stream.
- The US population discards each year 16 billion diapers, 1.6 billion pens, 2 billion razor blades, and 220 million car tires each year.
Recycling & Energy
- Recycling aluminum requires 95% less energy than making aluminum from raw materials, and produces 95% less air pollution and 97% less water pollution.
- Only 10% of the 140.3 million cell phones retired in 2007 were recycled. If we recycled all of the cell phones retired each year, we would save enough energy to power 18,500 homes for a year.
- Recycling one million laptops saves enough energy to power 3,657 American homes in a year.
- Recycling paper takes 60% less energy than making paper form raw materials.
- Recycling plastic saves twice as much energy as burning it in an incinerator.
- Recycling plastic takes 88% less energy than making plastic from raw materials.
- Over a ton of natural resources are conserved for every ton of glass recycled, including 1,300 pounds of sand, 410 pounds of soda ash, 380 pounds of limestone, and 160 pounds of feldspar. Source: Keep America Beautiful.
- The energy saved from recycling one glass bottle can run a 100-watt light bulb for four hours. It also causes 20% less air pollution and 50% less water pollution than when a new bottle is made from raw materials.
Any job is not too big or small for any kinds of water damage. SERVPRO of Tracy has the tools for your needs. Call 209-834-0200.
Tips to Avoid Faulty Plumbing
Call SERVPRO of Tracy to restore your water damaged property fast and safe
SERVPRO of Tracy has noticed that many times when water damage occurs in a home or commercial property, it is due to faulty plumbing.
Those without plumbing experience may have a difficult time recognizing potential issues and then addressing these issues before they become a bigger, more expensive problem.
There are eight common causes of plumbing leaks that can lead to water damage to a property.
- Advanced Corrosion – Over an extended period of time, corrosion can damage pipes and create holes where water can escape. This is a more common issue in piping that was installed over 30 years ago.
- Degraded Seals – In order to keep connections watertight, rubber seals are used wherever the pipes are connected to the fixtures. Over time, these seals can degrade and crack, allowing water to seep out and eventually cause damage.
- Excess Water Pressure – Water pressure that is too high can actually damage the inside of the plumbing pipes and create a risk for leaks. If the pressure is extremely high, it can even cause the pipes to burst.
- Fixture Cracks – Sometimes the actual faucet or pipe that connects directly to it can crack and cause a water leak. This usually happens due to impact. One area that this is common is under the sink. When items are stored under the sink, the pipes are often repeatedly bumped and can eventually lead to pipe damage and water leaks.
- Incorrect Pipe Laying – Plumbing should be handled by knowledgeable professionals. It is very important that pipes and connectors are laid properly because small mistakes that at first may not be noticeable can cause massive water damage later.
- Pipe Joint Damage – The bends or joints where the water is redirected through the pipes are curved connectors that attach to the straight pipes on either side. Extreme temperatures and water pressure can damage these joints and lead to water damage.
- Shifted Connections – Over time, homes can shift and therefore, so can the pipes inside. If the shifts are too much, the pipe connections can break and water damage occurs.
- Untreated Clogs – It seems obvious how clogged drains can lead to backups and water damage. But how the clogs are treated can also cause pipe damage. Chemical drain cleaners are often used to unclog drains. At times these chemicals do not remove the entire clog which causes the harmful chemicals to be trapped in one spot in the pipe system. The chemicals can then eat away at the pipe, eventually causing damage and a water leak. It is safer to treat clogs with a plumbing snake or hydro-jetting.
Hopefully learning how to recognize potential plumbing problems and how to address the issues will help you avoid future water damage to your property. But in the unfortunate event that you do end up with a water damage disaster.
Call SERVPRO of Tracy - 209-834-0200 and have your home or business back to normal "Like it never even happened."
Tips on Candle Safety!
Blow out candles when you leave the room. Avoid the use of candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep.
SERVPRO of Tracy would like to advise you to take personal responsibility with candles.
With cooler weather upon us, many people start using candles this time of the year within their homes.
- Candles may look and smell pretty, but they can be a cause of a home fire. Remember, a candle is an open flame, which means that it can easily ignite anything that can burn. Also, while the candle is burning there is a smoke that the candle emits.
November and December are the peak months for home candle fires.
Roughly one-third of home candle fires start in a bedroom.
More than half of all candle fires start when things that can burn are too close to the candle.
For example: drapes/curtains.
Candles and Kids:
- Never leave a child alone in a room with a burning candle.
- Keep matches and lighters up high and out of children's reach.
Candles are pretty and smell good, but think about using flame-less candles, they look and smell just like the real thing!
Be safe this holiday season!
If something should happen, please don't hesitate to call SERVPRO of Tracy at 209-834-0200 for assistance. We will make it "Like it never even happened."