Protect Yourself against Covid-19
We clean the SERVPROXIDE way...
We are open 24/7, 365 days a year!....
At SERVPRO of Tracy, and like you, we wish life could go back to normal. Unfortunately, the Delta variant is making that difficult. As Covid-19 cases soar SERVPRO of Tracy wants to ensure your health and safety. Keeping your facilities clean is crucial to your health and the health of your employees. Here are some of the steps we will take to ensuring your health and safety....
- SERVPRO of Tracy uses cleaning products that are CDC certified to disinfect the Covid-19 virus like SERVPROXIDE.
- If you are looking for preventative measures to ensure the health and safety of your employees give us a call.
- We offer regular cleaning services that will disinfect all surfaces so you and your employees can feel comfortable coming to the office day in and day out.
- Whether you are looking for weekly or monthly preventative cleaning we have the services that you need.
Cleaning After a Positive Case
- If you or an employee have received a positive Covid-19 infection the CDC also recommends that any employee that could have had potentially close contact with the infected individual quarantine for 14 days.
- Before your employees return you’ll want to clean the facilities. Continue using certified disinfectants that will prevent Covid 19.
- Wipe down any and all surfaces especially phones, keyboards, mouses. Each employee should have their own station so that they aren’t using anyone else’s electronics.
- When vacuuming wear a mask. Most vacuum cleaners will blow air up towards your face potentially exposing you to the virus. When using cleaners be sure to wear gloves.
- When dealing with a positive case of Covid-19 it’s a good idea to consider wearing full PPE to protect yourself and others from the virus. And remember make sure the area is well ventilated and don’t mix chemicals like ammonia and bleach.
Above all, our office wants you to stay safe and healthy. That’s why we offer no contact estimates for all of your covid cleaning needs.
Cleaning and disinfecting can reduce the risk of spreading infection by reducing germs on surfaces people frequently touch.
When you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard, like SERVPROXIDE™—you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
If you need assistance sterilizing your office or home, call us at SERVPRO of Tracy at 209-834-0200
Tips to Avoid Cigarette Fires at Home
Fire safety is one of the most important way we can protect our family at home. When disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Tracy is here for you.
5 Tips For Preventing Home Cigarette Fires
An estimated 5% of reported home fires were started by smoking materials.
Smoking poses a threat to your home when you have improper habits. Following these five guidelines will protect you from any potential cigarette fire.
1. Use an Appropriate Container
An ashtray with a wide base or bucket full of sand should be around in areas where you typically smoke. When using an ashtray, it should be stable on a surface to prevent accidental knockdowns. Keeping it stable prevents it from spilling and starting an ashtray fire from a still smoldering cigarette.
If possible, the container should also be kept away from any building to add distance between the flame remnant and all flammable structures.
2. Completely Put Out Cigarettes
When you are finished smoking, it’s advised to add water to the ashes and cigarette butt to completely remove the fire and it's risks. If you ever have to step away or need to stop smoking, you should put out your cigarette to avoid leaving a lit one unattended.
3. Smoke Only When Fully Awake
If you are taking medicine that makes you drowsy or are sleep deprived, it is best to avoid smoking. If you pass out while smoking, you will likely drop your cigarette. Since you are asleep, you will also have a harder time escaping or stopping any growing cigarette fire. Smoking while sleepy puts your home at risk.
4. Only Smoke Outside Your Home
There is a sizable difference in the number of flammable objects when comparing a typical indoor and outdoor environment. Your furniture, curtains, trash bin, mattress and bedding can all be ignited by a loose cigarette. It is much safer to smoke outside and remain there until you are finished.
5. Avoid Smoking Around Oxygen Tanks
Oxygen is very sensitive to fire. Lit cigarettes should be kept away from anyone using medical oxygen or places where it’s stored.
As always, if disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Tracy is always here for you. Call us 24/7/365 days a year at 209-834-0200.
The Basic on Fire Extinguishers
Knowing how to use a fire extinguisher can limit damage when a small fire breaks out.
The kitchen is one common room where fires can occur, so it’s important to make sure there is a working extinguisher near the stove. Physically checking the fire extinguishers annually can be combined with replacing smoke detector batteries.
Types of Fire Extinguishers
Most homes use Class ABC extinguishers that are typically used to put out burning wood, paper, flammable liquids and electrical fires. They typically include the dry chemical monoammonium phosphate as the dowsing agent.
While this may cause chemical damage in addition to the fire damage, the scope can be limited to the immediate area if the fire quickly subsides.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke or Soot Damage?
Call SERVPRO of Tracy Today – 209-834-0200 available 24 hours a day.
Our Commercial Equipments for Water Damage
You can reach us 24/7 at 209-834-0200 or visit our website
We, at SERVPRO of Tracy, would like to let you know there are many different types of drying equipment we use to help our customers get their water damaged structures dry. There are many different factors that determine which of our many drying equipment choices will work best?
For example, is there enough power to run all of this equipment, is there a trip and fall hazard, where can I have my dehumidifier drain tube draining into?
We, at SERVPRO of Tracy, takes the time to ensure which type of drying equipment we install will perform at top operating efficiency and which equipment will get the job dry the quickest and most efficiently.
Our goal is to only inconvenience our customers for as short of a time frame as possible.
We are very successful and getting jobs dry in a timely manner due to all of our different types of air movers.
Any job is not too big or small for any kinds of water damage. SERVPRO of Tracy has the tools for your needs. Call 209-834-0200.
Which Appliance Cause the Most Water Damage?
Water heaters are a major cause of water damage in homes. Call SERVPRO of Tracy if you experience water damage in your home.
We, SERVPRO of Tracy, have the unique ability to help property owners in a variety of ways to detect water leakage. You may think that water damage only occurs in your home or workplace after a storm, but actually most water damage calls that we respond to come from appliances that we use on a daily basis. Here is a list of the most common culprits.
- Refrigerators have all kinds of things that can go wrong and cause leaks: ice makers, water dispensers and condensation lines to name a few. Water lines are the most normal culprit for leaks.
- Dishwashers most commonly get clogged due to the wrong type of detergent being used, which causes the machine to overflow. Small pieces of plastic may cover drain openings.
- Washing Machines leak thanks to uneven loads of laundry or pinched water hoses. Sometimes a censor will fail to shut water off during filling.
- Water Heaters cause more water damage in homes than any other appliance due to leakage. You can remove sediment and prevent clogs from forming by flushing your water tank every six months.
- Attic-Installed Air Conditioners can create water damage when condensation drain lines are clogged, but an annual maintenance check on your unit will help keep it from malfunctioning when you need it most.
If you need help with any water damage issues, don’t wait. Call the experts at SERVPRO of Tracy at 209 834 0200. We are here 24 hours a day 7 days a week to help you.
Did you know there are Different Types of Mold ?
SERVPRO of Tracy were recently called to advice on mold.
From the Ordinary
Fungi and mold naturally occur in our environment. In fact, over 100,000 kinds of fungi have been identified. Fungi produce some very useful results. Yeast is a type of fungi used in preparing breads, baked goods, and other food products, including some alcoholic beverages.
The unique flavor of blue cheese is a result of mold. An edible mushroom is simply a type of fungi, and lifesaving penicillin is a product of mold (Penicillium chrysogenum).
Even though some forms of mold can pass value to our lives, other forms of mold can be potentially harmful. Excessive amounts of mold, different types of mold, and/or exposure to molds may present health effects for some people.
To the Unhealthy
Intrusion of water into your home or place of business can result in mold growth. Water intrusion can result from storm damage, plumbing or equipment failures, long-standing leaks and poor humidity control.
When water intrusions are not addressed right away, the resulting damage can present increased risk of potentially harmful mold growth. Some amount of mold spores are normally present in most environments.
If the humidity and moisture levels in a water-damaged environment are not promptly returned to normal, mold spores may grow and multiply. Organic materials found inside a building, such as wood, paper, drywall, and insulation, provide a food source for mold to flourish.
Excessive mold growth can lead to indoor environmental conditions that pose potential health effects for your family and pets.
If you see or suspect mold in your home or business, call the Mold Professionals at SERVPRO of Tracy on 209-834-0200.
Unpredictable Storm Damage?
- We cannot predict the weather but bad weather can be unpredictable, and when it happens, homes are at risk of suffering storm damage. The worry is that it’s often difficult to tell just how serious the damage is.
- SERVPRO of Tracy understands the process of water damage through the roof and has years of experience.
- Homeowners may be unaware of what is causing major issues within the building’s structure and only consider the minor issues. Remember, serious storm damage is not always immediately visible! It may seem like there’s nothing to worry about, but actually, mold growth and ceiling stains are very often signs of a more serious problem.
- Call SERVPRO of Tracy to schedule an appointment for us to come and inspect your home ASAP. If you wait for obvious signs of damage, you may be putting your entire home at risk. Moreover, if your roof or other structural elements have suffered storm damage, your insurance may cover the cost of repair and restoration.
- SERVPRO of Tracy has a team of full trained technicians specializing in storm damage restoration. We also offer 24/7 emergency home restoration services on mold, water, fire, smoke, or any other disaster that may strike your home.
We never close. We never stop. We will not stop till the job is like it was before. "Like it never even happened."
As always, if disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Tracy is always here for you. Call us 24/7/365 days a year at 209-834-0200.
How to Prevent a House Fire
Prevent fires from starting and spreading in your home, start by using safety equipment such as fire extinguishers and blankets, and installing, smoke detectors. Make sure batteries are in good working condition in your smoke detectors, and do not disable smoke alarms.
When cooking, do not leave your cooking unattended. Avoid unattended or careless use of candles.
Fires can be useful, but also very dangerous, it can cause houses and trees to burn to ashes and destroy a huge area in a matter of minutes.
Good housekeeping can ensure build up of rubbish that can burn easy.
Practice safety tips and prevent fire or Call SERVPRO of Tracy restoration and clean up services. If your home has been damaged by fire or smoke and need help to repair and restore your home back to original condition.
We are ready to help 24/7/365
Call SERVPRO of Tracy today 209-834-0200
What is a SERVPROXIDE?
This is our SERVPROXIDE.
SERVPRO of Tracy are proud to announce our new product from our corporate headquarters in Gallatin, TN, that create and provide us with top notch products to use for our customer's. Recently, SERVPRO introduced SERVPROXIDE to our arsenal of products.
SERVPROXIDE is an EPA registered, stabilized chlorine dioxide based disinfectant and sanitizer. The great thing about SERVPROXIDE is that is carries the EPA's lowest toxicity rating and is safe for everyday use.
This product is designed to kill harmful bacteria, viruses and mold on hard surfaces and is an effective sanitizer for soft surfaces. On top of all the great things this product provides, it can be used just about anywhere!
SERVPRO of Tracy teams are excited and are using this new product on our mold job!
Cleaning and disinfecting can reduce the risk of spreading infection by reducing and killing germs on surfaces people frequently touch.
SERVPRO of Tracy is here to help you with the clean up your property needs. Just call 209-834-0200
September 2021 is The National Preparedness Month
We, at SERVPRO of Tracy, would like to let you know about National Preparedness Month is observed every September to promote disaster and emergency planning to help ensure the safety of your family and community. Now is a great time to plan ahead and prepare for the unexpected.
September is Emergency Preparedness Month. The 2021 theme is Prepare to Protect. Preparing for disasters is protecting everyone you love. National Preparedness Month (NPM) is an observance each September to raise awareness about the importance of preparing for disasters and emergencies that could happen at any time.
If you do nothing else this month, take time to create a disaster plan including an emergency escape plan at home and at work.
- Emergency escape procedures and emergency escape route assignments;
- Procedures to be followed by employees who remain in their positions to operate critical operations before they evacuate;
- Procedures to account for all employees after evacuation has been completed;
- Rescue and medical duties for those employees who are able to perform them;
- The preferred means of reporting fires and other emergencies;
- Names or regular job titles of persons or departments who can be contacted for further information or explanation of duties under the plan;
- Practice evacuating your home and work place twice a year. This makes it a routine and can make a real emergency situation less stressful.
Any questions please call SERVPRO of Tracy on 209-834-0200