Best Insurance for Storm Damage
There Are Many Things To Consider When Purchasing Insurance For Your Home...
Purchasing Insurance Needs to be an Educated Decision
When purchasing homeowners insurance, there are many factors to consider, especially what would happen in the case that you experience storm damage. If you live in an area that is prone to severe storms, it is even more important to understand the kind of insurance policy you have, the limitations of it, what it covers and the kinds of storms for which you might not be covered.
Overview of Storm Damage Insurance
A lot of homeowners have experienced a bad hailstorm already or seen the storm damage which hail can cause to automobiles, homes, businesses and other property. When hail hits, it does the most damage to the outside of your property or home. Types of damage that are commonly caused by hail include siding damage, roof damage, window damage, shingle damage and automobile damage.
Most homeowners standard policies, known as HO-3 policies, will cover your home and its contents. Usually you are covered against theft, storm damage, some major disasters like hurricanes, tornadoes and hail, plus pet damage.
Floods and earthquakes are not usually covered under a majority of standard insurance policies and need a separate policy. Home insurance policies, remember, don’t cover normal wear and tear or poor maintenance, so you should ensure that your home is properly maintained at all times.
Shopping for Homeowners Insurance
When you are in the market for a homeowner’s policy, it is a good idea to look at several different companies first. Different companies for insurance will offer a significant range of coverage levels, prices, and discounts. Don’t just shop the ones you know best, but look for the policy which works for your situation the best. If you find a policy which looks good but is offered by a company you don’t know, it is helpful to look into their background.
When choosing a policy, begin by researching the area you live in. You will want to have a firm knowledge of the history of storm damage in your neighborhood related to:
- Wind storms
- Natural disasters
Ensure that the insurance policy you select will cover adequately the natural disasters and storms in your area. Look out for insurance companies that are known for denying claims unfairly. Each year, the American Justice Association publishes a list of the ten worst companies. If your insurance company is found on this list and your claim for insurance has been denied, ensure you connect with a contract that is reputable, such as SERVPRO of Tracy, who has the experience to be able to fight for what you deserve.
If you do experience storm damage of any kind, make sure to contact our professional technicians at SERVPRO of Tracy by calling 209-834-0200 right away so we can assess your damages and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve.
Preventing Ice Maker Leaks in your Home
Call SERVPRO OF TRACY on 209-834-0200 for any kinds of water or fire needs at your business/home.
Inspect and Replace Defective Parts or Call SERVPRO of Tracy for Help
Ice makers are a great convenience item to have in your home. You do not ever have to worry about those annoying ice trays again, or someone not refilling them and you running out of ice. When you add this device in your home, you need to be aware of some things first.
- The installer should use a small metal saddle, called an ice maker valve, that is attached to a cold-water pipe close to the refrigerator. The kits for ice-makers usually include a clear plastic water pipe fitted to the valve and the water inlet on the fridge. This flexible piece of plastic tubing is the biggest culprit for a leak and water damage.
- Miniscule holes in the tubing are unnoticeable during installation in your kitchen, and stay unnoticed for years, hidden behind your refrigerator.
- Over time, many gallons of water seeping out the tubing can cause serious structural water damage to the floors and walls around your refrigerator.
This water damage means you need professional help from SERVPRO of Tracy, a water damage remediation company. Our experienced technicians have the tools and the knowledge to fix any water damage these types of leaks can cause.
About SERVPRO of Tracy
SERVPRO of Tracy specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff are highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Call SERVPRO of TRACY NOW ON (209) 834-0200
Commercial Water Damage at Dentist Office
You can reach us 24/7 at 209-834-0200 or visit our website
SERVPRO of Tracy were called to this Commercial Dentist Office in Town during Christmas Holidays.
In the event of a burst pipe or flood? Firstly if possible and safe to do so turn off the water supply line to prevent further water entering the premises, but be aware that with water damage comes other safety risks such as electrical items being in contact with water, if in doubt stay out.
You don’t want to lose business due to restoration work, however, delaying the work or doing this yourself improperly could mean you lose a lot more time and money for your business in the long run.
While hiring SERVPRO of Tracy, cleanup and restoration team may seem costly it will save you money in the long run.
If the primary damage is mitigated quickly and properly, then secondary damage cannot occur and this will save you money down the line as secondary water damage is more costly to repair both in terms of the cost of the repairs and the time it will take to complete the restoration which may prevent you from conducting business at the property.
In this picture toilet water supply line broke, causing water flooded in entire Dentist Office during the Christmas Holidays. SERVPRO of Tracy extracted water vapor from the air, dehumidifiers lowered the relative humidity, which in turn increases the rate of evaporation. In a water damaged structure, dehumidifier pull in the moist humid air and than discharge dry, warm air.
The owner was very happy that SERVPRO of Tracy did a very good job and his business is back to normal in no time.
Restoring Commercial Property after a Water Damage..
We, at SERVPRO of Tracy specialize in flooding and water damage events in commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges.
Our professional technicians are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call at SERVPRO of Tracy 209 834 0200 and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
SERVPRO of Tracy specializes in the clean-up and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff are highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff are equipped with the knowledge to restore your property back to "Like it never even happened."
How to Deal with Mold Damage in Your Home
Trust SERVPRO of Tracy Professionals to Remove Mold Damage and Prevent Future Growth.
- There are many misconceptions about mold, and it seems that most of the surrounding area of Tracy homeowners believe that fungal growth is something that is unlikely or improbable for their house. In all actuality, it is a straightforward process for mold to grow in your home, as it only really requires two elements to start colonizing: moisture and organic material.
- However, even with the ease of which mold damage can occur to your home, many homeowners are still misled to believe fungal growth is not a serious concern. In actuality, mold growth in your house is linked with potential health effects for you and your family when you are exposed, so correcting the issue when you see it should be a priority. Moreover, this is a concern that should get dealt with by certified mold remediation specialists, as they can safely remove the colonies from your home and help you to prevent recurrences in the future.
- From the moment that our SERVPRO of Tracy IICRC certified remediation professionals enter your home, an assessment begins to isolate the area where mold currently is growing as well as the source of the moisture that has been feeding the colonies to this point. Through isolating the affected area with negative air chambers and air scrubbers with HEPA filters, our technicians can successfully prevent the spread of spores to new areas of your home while we work to remove the colonies.
- Locating the source of the moisture that feeds this mold growth in your home is a critical component of the remediation process. Otherwise, the mold damage is likely to return again and again. In areas like your bathroom/basement, which is a common location for fungal growth in homes, the culprit is often cracks or vulnerable points in the block construction of the foundation walls that have weakened over time.
- Drying the area removes the food source for mold spores, and this process gets accomplished with dehumidification equipment and large air movers.
- Finding mold damage in your home is not something that you should take lightly. Trust SERVPRO of Tracy team of certified mold remediation specialists to help you through the intricate process of removing the presence of mold and fungus from your residence. Give us a call today at 209-834-0200
True Facts of Clogged Gutters
Clogged Gutters Can Cause Water Damage and More..
Here at SERVPRO of Tracy, fire and water damage calls are an everyday occurrence. Since we are offically in fall season and leaves are falling everywhere, even in our gutters.
Here are Top 5 home problems that can be caused by clogged gutters:
- Roof Damage....
- Wood Fascia Damage. ...
- Damage to Walls, Windows, Doors and Patios. ...
- Damage to Foundations and Landscaping. ...
- Slip and Fall.
For example, clogged gutters can cause damages to your home. Which is a good reason why cleaning your gutters bi-annually could help prevent an uncomfortable situation for you and your family. A lack of maintenance can cause major problems for homeowners and can lead to costly repairs when left untreated.
A lot of times homeowners tend to over look the importance of gutter maintenance. Clogged gutters can cause home damages due to water causing cracks in the foundation overtime. Which then could lead to more severe problem like mold and or the collapse of the structure.
In most cases, when clogged gutters occur it can spill over the side and cause rot in the siding of the home. In colder climates, ice can form and cause a temporary block which most likely will cause an over flow.
SERVPRO of Tracy has the right equipment to check for moisture in your home, if this scenario applies to you. These are some recommendations from your trusted friends at SERVPRO of Tracy.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns or questions.
Facts About Fire!
Death from fire are the sixth most common cause of injury/death in the U.S.
We, at SERVPRO of Tracy knows everything about fire damage and much more.
Here are JUST THE FACTS ABOUT FIRE..
- There are more mobile home fires than regular houses and injuries related to that.
- The majority of fire related deaths are caused by smoke inhalation not by the fire itself.
- Actual flames and burns are only 30 percent of fire-related deaths. Unfortunately people survive home fires with all types of burns mild and severe.
- First degree burns are considered mild compared to others.
- Second degree burns are burns that affect the lower layer of skin.
- Third degree burns, also known as a full thickness burns, affect the lowest layers and deep tissue areas.
- We at SERVPRO of Tracy feel responsible to our community and pledge to make sure that we can prevent and or prepare for such tragedies. Please call 209-834-0200
Place of work Flooded
SERVPRO can help get your doors open sooner after water damage strikes your business.
SERVPRO can help when your commercial space experiences water damage...
Water damage is one of the biggest threats to your carpet. When this local Tracy work place was flooded due to heavy rain over night. SERVPRO of Tracy came to the rescue. Quick action from an experienced restoration company SERVPRO of Tracy reverses the effects of water damage, often while allowing business as usual to continue.
Huge outpourings of water need powerful pumps and extractors, and SERVPRO of Tracy arrives with professional grade, truck-mounted equipment, so even a power outage fails to stop the restoration process. Once the standing water exits the building, high-efficiency air movers and dehumidifiers continue the work of drying out your business to businesses. Your interior benefits from its warehouse characteristics, and we are able to save most inventory because it is stacked up off the floor. The lack of carpeting and drywall further speeds our efforts, and you operate as usual in the areas unaffected by the water or where our team completed the removal of water and restored appropriate moisture levels.
SERVPRO of Tracy is ready to help with even a large commercial loss due to water damage. Call (209) 834-0200 to set up an inspection, and consider working with us on an Emergency Ready Plan before disaster strikes.
Water Damage in School..
This Elementary School had a water leak, result of a broken pipe. Notice the water damage caused wet carpet and surrounding area.
The specialist at SERVPRO OF Tracy were called to the scene for emergency service. Our technicians extracted the standing water, followed up by moisture mapping and the drying process began.
It took us three days to dry the entire class room after the incident.
The principal was expecting a much longer process and she was thrilled with the results. All the young students were moved back to their original classrooms and everyone was happy. Next time if something like this happens again, Principle said we'll for sure call SERVPRO OF Tracy.
Principal thanked SERVPRO of Tracy and said you made it "Like it never even happened."
What is an Ozone Generator?
This Ozone Generator is the most modern, technically advanced Ozone Generator system on the market today.
- Here at SERVPRO of Tracy, we handle Ozone Generators which are one of the most common ways to quickly remove airborne contaminates and odors from homes, offices, and even cars.
- The same molecular process that makes ozone generators so effective is also what makes them dangerous.
- When inhaled, ozone can damage the lungs. It can take up to 60 minutes after the generator cycle ends for the ozone to be neutralized, making it safe to breathe.
What is an Ozone?
- Ozone is a molecule composed of three atoms of oxygen.
- Two atoms of oxygen form the basic oxygen molecule.
- Ozone generators create O3, (ozone) which disburses into the space to be treated. Nature creates O3 as a natural cleaner during thunderstorms, and from sunlight striking the earth’s atmosphere.
- Have you ever taken a walk after a thunderstorm and experienced the clean, fresh smell in the air? That's O3, or ozone cleaning the air.
- After removing the source of the odor, use the ozone machine to oxidize remaining organic odors. Ozone can be especially helpful in fire or smoke damage restoration.
We here at SERVPRO of Tracy use our ozone machines in these type of jobs, large and small. After drying the area fully and removing any organic matter, set the unit as a high as possible. Ozone is heavier than air and will fall. Set up an air mover to help circulate the ozone. Once completed, you must ventilate thoroughly for it to be safe. Call us on 209-834-0200 for more information.