Water Damage in School..
This Elementary School had a water leak, result of a broken pipe. Notice the water damage caused wet carpet and surrounding area.
The specialist at SERVPRO OF Tracy were called to the scene for emergency service. Our technicians extracted the standing water, followed up by moisture mapping and the drying process began.
It took us three days to dry the entire class room after the incident.
The principal was expecting a much longer process and she was thrilled with the results. All the young students were moved back to their original classrooms and everyone was happy. Next time if something like this happens again, Principle said we'll for sure call SERVPRO OF Tracy.
Principal thanked SERVPRO of Tracy and said you made it "Like it never even happened."
What is an Ozone Generator?
This Ozone Generator is the most modern, technically advanced Ozone Generator system on the market today.
- Here at SERVPRO of Tracy, we handle Ozone Generators which are one of the most common ways to quickly remove airborne contaminates and odors from homes, offices, and even cars.
- The same molecular process that makes ozone generators so effective is also what makes them dangerous.
- When inhaled, ozone can damage the lungs. It can take up to 60 minutes after the generator cycle ends for the ozone to be neutralized, making it safe to breathe.
What is an Ozone?
- Ozone is a molecule composed of three atoms of oxygen.
- Two atoms of oxygen form the basic oxygen molecule.
- Ozone generators create O3, (ozone) which disburses into the space to be treated. Nature creates O3 as a natural cleaner during thunderstorms, and from sunlight striking the earth’s atmosphere.
- Have you ever taken a walk after a thunderstorm and experienced the clean, fresh smell in the air? That's O3, or ozone cleaning the air.
- After removing the source of the odor, use the ozone machine to oxidize remaining organic odors. Ozone can be especially helpful in fire or smoke damage restoration.
We here at SERVPRO of Tracy use our ozone machines in these type of jobs, large and small. After drying the area fully and removing any organic matter, set the unit as a high as possible. Ozone is heavier than air and will fall. Set up an air mover to help circulate the ozone. Once completed, you must ventilate thoroughly for it to be safe. Call us on 209-834-0200 for more information.
Tips to Prevent Home Fires..
Home fires are preventable. SERVPRO of Tracy has the following simple steps that each of us can take to prevent a tregedy.
- Stay in the kitchen when you are frying, grilling, or broiling food. If you leave the kitchen for even a short period of time, turn off the stove.
- Wear short, close-fitting or tightly rolled sleeves when cooking.
- Keep children away from cooking areas by enforcing a "kid-free zone" of 3 feet around the stove.
- Position barbecue grills at least 10 feet away from siding and deck railings, and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Smoke outside and completely stub out butts in an ashtray or a can filled with sand.
- Soak cigarette butts and ashes in water before throwing them away. Never toss hot cigarette butts or ashes in the trash can.
- Never smoke in a home where oxygen is used, even if it is turned off. Oxygen can be explosive and makes fire burn hotter and faster.
- Be alert - don’t smoke in bed! If you are sleepy, have been drinking, or have taken medicine that makes you drowsy, put your cigarette out first.
- Frayed wires can cause fires. Replace all worn, old or damaged appliance cords immediately and do not run cords under rugs or furniture.
- If an appliance has a three-prong plug, use it only in a three-slot outlet. Never force it to fit into a two-slot outlet or extension cord.
- Immediately shut off, then professionally replace, light switches that are hot to the touch and lights that flicker.
PORTABLE SPACE HEATERS:
- Keep combustible objects at least three feet away from portable heating devices.
- Buy only heaters evaluated by a nationally recognized laboratory, such as Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- Check to make the portable heater has a thermostat control mechanism, and will switch off automatically if the heater falls over.
- Only use crystal clear K-1 kerosene in kerosene heaters. Never overfill it. Use the heater in a well-ventilated room.
FIREPLACES AND WOODSTOVES:
- Inspect and clean woodstove pipes and chimneys annually and check monthly for damage or obstructions.
- Use a fireplace screen heavy enough to stop rolling logs and big enough to cover the entire opening of the fireplace to catch flying sparks.
- Make sure the fire is completely out before leaving the house or going to bed.
- Take the mystery out of fire play by teaching children that fire is a tool, not a toy.
- Store matches and lighters out of children's reach and sight, preferably in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave children unattended near operating stoves or burning candles, even for a short time.
- Never use stove range or oven to heat your home.
- Keep combustible and flammable liquids away from heat sources.
- Portable generators should NEVER be used indoors and should only be refueled outdoors or in well ventilated areas.
SERVPRO of Tracy, FIRE DAMAGE RESTORATION SERVICES:
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires an unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We, at SERVPRO of Tracy have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care. Call SERVPRO of Tracy at 209-834-0200.
A Tropical Storm
- SERVPRO of Tracy knows when a tropical storm is a hazard that brings heavy rainfall, strong winds, and damages associated with flooding.
- Tropical storms usually form between 5 to 30 latitude and move westward to easterly winds. When a tropical storm enters the Gulf of Mexico, warnings are issued for the coastal areas.
- SERVPRO of Tracy are always prepared for such things. It's hard to predict the path of a tropical storm and therefore difficult to manage an adequate evacuation of an area.
- Tropical storms are given names in alphabetical order and alternate between male and female. This makes storms easier to identify.
- When preparing for a tropical storm take basic steps quickly to ensure your safety.
- SERVPRO of Tracy can and will handle all damages associated with tropical storms, residential as well as commercial. Call us on 209 834 0200
Found a Mold ?
No matter how big or small a mold damage, our SERVPRO of Tracy crew can clean and remediate your issues...
Call now - 209-834-0200
Trust SERVPRO of Tracy Professionals to Remove Mold Damage and Prevent Future Growth..
There are many misconceptions about mold, and it seems that most of the Tracy, and it's surrounding areas, homeowners believe that fungal growth is something that is unlikely or improbable for their house. In all actuality, it is a straightforward process for mold to grow in your home, as it only really requires two elements to start colonizing: moisture and organic material.
However, even with the ease of which mold damage can occur to your home. Many homeowners are still misled to believe fungal growth is not a serious concern. In actuality, mold growth in your house is linked with potential health effects for you and your family when you are exposed, so correcting the issue when you see it should be a priority. Moreover, this is a concern that should get dealt with by certified mold remediation specialists, as they can safely remove the colonies from your home and help you to prevent recurrences in the future.
From the moment that our SERVPRO of Tracy IICRC certified remediation professionals enter your home, an assessment begins to isolate the area where mold currently is growing as well as the source of the moisture that has been feeding the colonies to this point. Through isolating the affected area with negative air chambers and air scrubbers with HEPA filters, our technicians can successfully prevent the spread of spores to new areas of your home while we work to remove the colonies.
Drying the area removes the food source for mold spores, and this process gets accomplished with dehumidification equipment and large air movers.
Finding mold damage in your home is not something that you should take lightly. Trust SERVPRO of Tracy team of certified mold remediation specialists to help you through the intricate process of removing the presence of mold and fungus from your business or home.
Call SERVPRO of Tracy - 209-834-0200
We, at SERVPRO of Tracy knows how to handle storm or flood - should you ever have to go through this process.
There is always potential for flood damage no matter where you live. According to the American Red Cross floods cause more damage in the United States every year than any other weather related disaster. The American Red Cross offers these flood safety tips:
- Stay away from floodwaters. If you come up on a flowing stream where water is above your ankles, stop, turn around and go another way. Six inches of swiftly moving water can sweep you off of your feet.
- If you approach a flooded road while driving, turn around and go another way. If you are caught on a flooded road and water is riding rapidly around you, get out of the car quickly and move to higher ground. Most cars can be swept away by less than two feet of moving water.
- Keep children out of the water. They are curious and often lack judgment about running water or contaminated water.
If a flood occurs and affects you, call SERVPRO of Tracy Even minor floods have potential to cause major damage. We are faster to ANY size disaster. Let us help you get your life back in order.
Call the flood and storm experts today - 209-834-0200
SERVPRO of Tracy Tips
We, at SERVPRO of Tracy has tips for:
How to Get Water Cleanup and Mitigation Done
In order to get water cleanup done, you're going to need to hire a restoration company like SERVPRO of Tracy that can come in and handle the flood damage for you. They do all of the drying for you when it concerns water in your home. If you have water in your business, restoration can be done by the same type of company. You may want to hire the pros to handle a pipe break or supply line break if this has become an issue for you. A flooded home should be restored as soon as possible to prevent further issues from surfacing.
How to Hire a Restoration Company
The best way to hire a professional company to handle water in your home is by finding one that has a lot of experience. These companies should ideally have a lot of experience cleaning up water in a business or any type of water in a home. They can also find and fix a supply line break or pipe break that you might currently have. In many cases, the reason for water in a business is because of a pipe break. If you have a supply line break, you might want to contact a professional plumber to handle the issue for you.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Tracy will be ready for any call at any time of the day. Have any questions or have damage in your home, call us at 209-832-0200
Found a Mold?
When you believe there is mold in your home it is important to call the professionals. Mold can be difficult to find but once identified the Certified Mold Remediation experts from SERVPRO of Tracy can help you with the cleaning and disinfecting of your home.
Let the Professionals do their Magic!
An expert in interior environmental services has special tools to inspect for molds. Air quality testers gather samples from your home. A lab analyzes results to provide information about the extent of an infestation. Mold testing might also include thermographic imaging.
Professional mold remediation experts SERVPRO of Tracy also have the tools and expertise to trap molds and eliminate them. We use containment and personal protective equipment to keep mold from spreading during its eradication and disposal.
For more information call the Mold Professionals at SERVPRO of Tracy on 209-834-0200.
3 Tips on Landscaping to Prevent Home Flooding
Three Ways Landscaping Can Be Used To Prevent Home Flooding:
Flooding can be one of the costliest forms of damage that can happen to your home. While a homeowner can work to prevent other forms of water damage with regular maintenance and inspection of plumbing and HVAC systems, outside flooding, which can be just as costly as internal damage, can be prevented in other ways. Here are three types of landscaping that can help prevent this type of flooding.
1. Artificial Means of Drainage
There are two different ways that a homeowner can use constructed means to drain excess water. One option is diverted rain spouts. These useful instruments divert the excess from outside flooding away from walls and down inclines. Secondly, a homeowner can use a specially constructed driveway to allow for greater rain drainage. Both options can also add little aesthetic touches to a home.
2. Low-Maintenance Options
If a homeowner is on a budget in terms of time, there are other great options to explore. Heavy mulch in the flower beds around the home can absorb a great deal of excess water. Another possibility is adding swales around the property. Swales are depressions that are usually found around the borders. After a heavy rain storm, the water should drain into the depression rather than stagnating on top of the grass.
3. Beautiful Long-Term Additions
If a homeowner has a green thumb or is willing to invest more for long-term additions, these options may be of interest. Adding on a green roof – what is essentially a lawn on top of the home – can help soak up the excess water after heavy rain. On top of this, it can be a beautiful feature. Another option is creating a rain garden out of native plant life. By placing the “thirstiest” plants in the middle of a declined space, the water has an easier time filtering into the soil.
All of these options are great ways a homeowner can work from the outside to prevent water damage. However, it’s always a good idea to seek out professional help at SERVPRO of Tracy, if more information is needed about how to prevent damage due to outside flooding.
Call SERVPRO of Tracy 209-834-0200
Have a Water Heater Leakage in garage?
Call SERVPRO of Tracy - 209-834-0200
SERVPRO of Tracy is the leading restoration vendor for water damage, fire damage, mold damage, odor remediation, and bio-hazard and crime scene cleanup. We treat our customers right and they know that we have their best interests at heart.
SERVPRO of Tracy is equipped to handle any size flood or water damage that you may have in your home or business. We have a large storehouse of equipment and access to additional equipment, should it be needed. We have a fleet of vehicles that are stocked and ready to respond to your call for need at any time of day or night.
Not only does SERVPRO of Tracy have many contracts with national insurance companies such as State Farm, Nationwide, The Hartford, and more, we are also a preferred vendor for many insurance companies locally such as Mercury and Farmers. We know that this is a difficult process to navigate, so let us help you. We will respond to your emergency and let you know whether it would benefit you to file an insurance claim, or if our cost will even meet your deductible.
SERVPRO of Tracy is your water restoration contractor. We are here to help. If you notice a musty smell, have standing water, sewage backup, toilet overflow, mold growth, or warped flooring and you suspect you have water damage, please call us at 209-834-0200