Fire and Soot Cleaning Projects
SERVPRO of Tracy at 209 834 0200 will make it "Like it never even happened."
Fire and Soot cleaning jobs can be very emotional for our SERVPRO of Tracy customers.
The trauma from the actual fire and the overwhelming task to clean the structure and affected contents often proves to be too much for a homeowner or business owner to perform the cleaning and deodorization work themselves.
- Our SERVPRO of Tracy technician's first course of action is to meet with the homeowner or business owner to establish their concerns and schedule the work to begin as soon as possible. The quicker the homeowner sees progress the sooner they feel at ease.
- We want to address all aspects of the fire loss: the visual soot particles that are to be cleaned, the odor resulting from the fire and the emotional part affecting the customer.
- We want to make sure our customer's know that we will treat their items as if they were our own.
- We take our time so that we can be as thorough and successful as possible.
- Our goal in fire and soot cleaning job is to make the customer feel whole again after such a tragic life event. We try to make a bad situation as pleasant as possible.
- We take our time and do not rush to complete the job. Our crews take pride in their work.
SERVPRO of Tracy at 209 834 0200 will make it "Like it never even happened."
Air Movers are an Asset to Drying
This photo shows the different types of air movers used to dry water damaged by a leak in dishwasher
Air movers are an essential and necessary tool for drying structures of homes. Air movers help move large amounts of air over surfaces to dry them. Air movers also help the dehumidifiers work to their optimum performance.
At SERVPRO of Tracy there are a number of different air movers that can be utilized depending on the size of the job: velo air movers, sahara air movers, ace air movers and vortex or axial air movers.
- Velo air movers are low-profile air movers that can be used to get to hard to reach areas and a great way to assist in the drying of wet carpeting.
- Sahara air movers are great for drying carpets and directing air upwards to helping with drying ceilings.
- One of the most common air movers that SERVPRO of Tracy uses is the Ace fan. These air movers are great for directing large amounts of air either forward, upward, downward and use little power(lower amperage).
- The last type of air mover that we use is the Vortex air mover or Axial air mover. This air mover works great for crawlspace. They are very effective at creating negative pressure and pushing humid air out of a space.
Air movers work great when paired with dehumidifiers. The air mover can move the hot dry air over the wet surface you are trying to dry. Without use of air movers being used throughout the drying process it would delay our SERVPRO of Tracy crews who are drying the structure.
July is UV Safety Awareness Month!!
Skin and Eye Cancer is the most common cancer in the United States...
Ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun are the main cause of skin cancer.
Clothing, Sunscreen, Hats, Shade and Sunglasses can protect you from harmful UV rays.
- A - Avoid unprotected UV exposure, seek shade
- W -Wear sun protective clothing, a hat and sunglasses
- A - Apply sunscreen generously and often
- R - Routinely check skin and report changes
- E - Educate yourself and others
Cataracts, a leading cause of visual impairment across the globe has been linked to UV exposure.
In order to protect against these harmful UV rays, prevent blindness, both adults and children take precautionary measures such as wearing wide-brimmed hats or caps and proper UV-rated sunglasses.
Steps to Protect Your Skin..
- Use sunscreen with SPF 15+
- Put on sunscreen every 2 hours
- Stay out of the sun as much as possible between 10am and 4pm in summer
- Cover up with long sleeves and a hat
- Avoid tanning beds
- Check your skin regularly for changes
Have a safe summer and enjoy.... from your friendly SERVPRO of Tracy 209-834-0200
Why SERVPRO is the Right choice to make ?
Why SERVPRO of Tracy?
Because all of our employees that enter your home are trained to safely clean and restore your home or business after it's faced a loss.
Below are the steps that we take for Cleaning and Restoring Your Home or Business in regards to a water loss:
- Identify the Source/ Type of Water
- Measure Temperature and Humidity for Drying Analysis
Survey the Extent of Damage and Inspect the Premises for Hidden Moisture
- Perform Emergency Water Extraction
- Move and Block furniture and Contents
- Inspect Carpet Pad/Carpet and Provide Service
- Apply Necessary Treatments (Disinfectants/Deodorization)
- Utilize Advanced Drying and Monitoring Equipment
- Dispose of Refuse
All of our technicians are IICRC certified and have extensive knowledge about our services and equipment. Even if we can’t do the job we will help in finding a service who can handle it.
Call SERVPRO of Tracy - 209-834-0200 and have your home or business back to normal "Like it never even happened."
Water Damage in an Office Buildings?
Call SERVPRO of Tracy to restore your water damaged property fast and safe
Water Damage in an Office
When water enters an office space that houses office equipment, supplies, furniture and computers that could be affected, the resulting damage could be costly. Not only is there the potential of damage to office items and important documents, water can seep into the wall cavities and become trapped behind common building materials. This would only create ongoing moisture problems long after the water damage incident.
All building are different, but each is at a risk for water damage.
Even the most carefully operated office building will likely experience a water damage event at some point. With hopes it will never have to be used, the building staff should have a well practiced emergency response plan.
The speed of response to a water loss is the most vital key to getting back to normal day-to-day operations quickly.
About SERVPRO of Tracy
SERVPRO of Tracy's professionals have the training, experience and equipment to manage water and flooding damage.
Whether you have a large water emergency or a small water damage event, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through it completion.
Call us 209 834 0200
What Causes Mold in Our House?
No one wants to find mold in house areas. Not only is it unsightly and smelly, it’s dangerous to your home and may cause health effects. Mold prevention starts with understanding how and why it grows. SERVPRO of Tracy has some..
Mold Prevention Tips...
- Mold spores thrive on moisture, oxygen, humidity, organic matter and warmth. When exposed to water, it can quickly grow into colonies producing health effects. Because many of these elements are found organically in nature, it may be hard to remove them from your home to discourage mold growth. However, you can control the moisture levels in your house with preventative measures and mold testing.
- Inspect Plumbing: A regular inspection of toilets, dishwashers, pipes and other sources of water can help you better understand where leaking water could be. When you are familiar with the state of your plumbing, you will be able to catch leaks and other issues quickly. This can help stop water damage from taking place.
- Respond to Leaking Water and Other Moisture Immediately: Whether you notice your bathroom getting especially steamy during bathing or you see a small drip in your bedroom ceiling, you need to act quickly when you notice water issues to prevent mold from growing.
- Make a Plan: While not quite part of a mold prevention plan, know who you’re going to call should you find leaking water or mold in your home. The faster you get a mold testing and remediation team into your house the sooner your living space will be free of the unwanted growth.
When you call SERVPRO of Tracy to assist with your mold prevention and problems, we will ask several questions to determine what equipment and resources are required, including how many trained experts from our crew will be needed. Prepare for the call with these tips!
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today!
Does your home have a Mold Problem?
Mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Tracy for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services:
SERVPRO of Tracy specializes in mold cleanup and restoration. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may cause health effects.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today –SERVPRO of Tracy 209-834-0200...
Damaged by Thunderstorm?
What is a Thunderstorm Damage?
Thunderstorm is also known as an electrical storm or a lightning storm. Thunderstorms form when air cools as it rises, and water vapor condenses and forms cumulus clouds and condensation occurs, heat energy is released and helps the thunderstorm grow.
Two of the most important ingredients for thunderstorm formation are instability, unstable air and moisture.
Every thunderstorm is dangerous despite their small size. SERVPRO of Tracy professionals know how dangerous and the damages a thunderstorm can cause, and have helped several homeowners with repairs, from the strong wind, hail and tornadoes. While thunderstorm won’t hurt you, lightning will.
So it’s important to pay attention when you hear thunder. Thunderstorms can happen anywhere and every thunderstorm has lightning, the lightning can strike people and is very dangerous.
Any questions feel free to call SERVPRO of Tracy, because cleaning up after a storm or thunder damage can be a big job and can require special tools and equipment used by professionals at SERVPRO of Tracy. For any kinds of big tasks after a thunderstorm damage or other natural disaster call our 24/7 emergency services for questions or concerns at 209-834-0200.
What Exactly is a Thunderstorm?
SERVPRO of Tracy would like to share with our clients about a thunderstorm topic?
- Many people would say hurricanes and tornadoes are much for dangerous than a thunderstorm. Unfortunately what they say isn't true.
- Under the right conditions, rainfall from thunderstorms can cause flash flooding which kills more people each year than hurricanes, tornadoes or lightning.
- What exactly is a thunderstorm? A thunderstorm is a normal rain shower with the addition of thunder, and since thunder comes from lightning, all thunderstorms have lightning. Thunderstorms have caused millions of dollars in damages just with the basics like rain and lighting.
- Thunderstorms have caused power outages that have lasted weeks at a time.
- Here at SERVPRO of Tracy we take these matters very seriously and always have a protective eye on such storm moving in on our community. For any damages related to thunderstorms please contact SERVPRO of Tracy for their expert opinion at 209-834-0200
Commercial Water Damage Cleanup in Tracy, CA
SERVPRO of Tracy is onsite immediately to minimize water damage and get you back to business within days not weeks..
Commercial Water Damage Cleanup in Tracy
When it comes to water damage, time is of the essence to avoid further damage, including mold issues. When water damage affects your business, it's imperative that the cleanup be done immediately to get you back to business without too much costly interruption.
SERVPRO of Tracy Franchise Professionals are available 24 hours a day to get your business back up and running. Our expertise includes restoration services for fire and water damage, including electronics restoration and document drying.
We are also your business's best resource for mold mitigation. Find out more about our commercial restoration specialists and leave the cleanup to our professionals to get you back to business "Like it never even happened."
Or call us on 209-834-0200
Like us on Facebook