What To Do During a Power Outage?
Are you Prepared for a Power Outage at Home or at Work?
To prevent revenue loss during a power outage due to weather or small critters, follow these steps.
SERVPRO of Tracy has some tips for your safety during a power outage, it’s important to have a plan of action.
- Make sure your employees can locate the meter and electric service room.
- Make sure there are emergency lights in the meter room.
- Have flashlights available.
- Turn everything off.
- Use your cell phone to find out if the outage is limited to your building or if other locations in your area are affected.
- When electricity is restored, only turn on essential equipment. Then slowly start turning stuff back on after 20-30 mins.
SERVPRO of Tracy says to consider investing in backup generators. This can give your commercial property temporary power until the electric company gets it back up and running.
Call 209-834-0200 if you have any questions.