During Coronavirus Lockdown Mold can spread quickly in Unoccupied Buildings
Why is it important to keep AC running while my building is vacant?....
Due to quarantine, many buildings are left empty and property managers may be tempted to wait until everything is back to business before switching the power back on. However, if the A/C unit is not circulating air throughout the office, restaurant, retail space, or apartment building, moisture can build up quickly and lead to the spread of unhealthy mold.
Keeping the air circulating is crucial, especially if the property is fully furnished. Fabric materials grow mold very easily due to the organic makeup of the fabric, making it a fantastic breeding ground for all types of mold. Mold can drastically spread in 48-72 hours.
By keeping your AC unit running, you will continue to control the climate in the building and help prevent moisture build-up on walls, ceilings, and furniture.
If your property sits vacant for a while remember these helpful tips:
- Keep the air circulating
- Cover furniture
- Check the property regularly
If you find mold in your property:
- Stay out of affected areas
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans
- Contact SERVPRO of Tracy for mold remediation services.
What NOT to do:
- Don’t touch or disturb mold growth
- Don’t blow air across any surface with visible or suspected mold growth
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold
Mold Remediation and
- Faster to ANY Size Disaster
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Call SERVPRO of Tracy today to get your building tested for mold at 209-834-0200