How to Deal with Mold Damage in Your Home
Trust SERVPRO of Tracy Professionals to Remove Mold Damage and Prevent Future Growth.
- There are many misconceptions about mold, and it seems that most of the surrounding area of Tracy homeowners believe that fungal growth is something that is unlikely or improbable for their house. In all actuality, it is a straightforward process for mold to grow in your home, as it only really requires two elements to start colonizing: moisture and organic material.
- However, even with the ease of which mold damage can occur to your home, many homeowners are still misled to believe fungal growth is not a serious concern. In actuality, mold growth in your house is linked with potential health effects for you and your family when you are exposed, so correcting the issue when you see it should be a priority. Moreover, this is a concern that should get dealt with by certified mold remediation specialists, as they can safely remove the colonies from your home and help you to prevent recurrences in the future.
- From the moment that our SERVPRO of Tracy IICRC certified remediation professionals enter your home, an assessment begins to isolate the area where mold currently is growing as well as the source of the moisture that has been feeding the colonies to this point. Through isolating the affected area with negative air chambers and air scrubbers with HEPA filters, our technicians can successfully prevent the spread of spores to new areas of your home while we work to remove the colonies.
- Locating the source of the moisture that feeds this mold growth in your home is a critical component of the remediation process. Otherwise, the mold damage is likely to return again and again. In areas like your bathroom/basement, which is a common location for fungal growth in homes, the culprit is often cracks or vulnerable points in the block construction of the foundation walls that have weakened over time.
- Drying the area removes the food source for mold spores, and this process gets accomplished with dehumidification equipment and large air movers.
- Finding mold damage in your home is not something that you should take lightly. Trust SERVPRO of Tracy team of certified mold remediation specialists to help you through the intricate process of removing the presence of mold and fungus from your residence. Give us a call today at 209-834-0200